Question
Posted by: Elmari | 2009/07/22

Marks on skin

Good day,
My son has small round blue marks just under his knees (on the inner side of his legs). These marks became visible about 2 months ago and I origanily thought that it is just normal marks on his skin. He says that it hurts when he pushes on it. He also complains about headaches alot.
What can this be? Do I need to take him to a doctor? Could it be some type of skin cancer? He is now 12 y old

Hi Elmari
Yes please take him to the doctor - he may have an underlying bleeding disorder and he should have a blood test ( full blood count and platelets) and coagulation test at least.
dr Bets