Question
Posted by: Lola | 2010/07/15

Marking in the house

I have a 7 year old female and two males, 2 and 6 years.
I have noticed recently that they are all marking in the house, even the female. They did not do this previously.
I clean the wee as soon as possible and spray the area with a citronella and lime based spray but this is no deterring them.
Why are they doing this and how do I stop it? Also, how do I get rid of the smell?

Can you tell me if your pets are dogs or cats?

3
Posted by: Lola | 2010/07/20

They are dogs

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Chill | 2010/07/15

Are you doing any discouraging when you notice this? Telling them they''re naughty and taking them outside?

You may well find that they''re finding it less chilly indoors than out - all it takes is for ONE of them to decide this, and then the scent of that one''s widdle will give the others the message that it''s ok.

Go back to housetraining them, just like when they were babies - take them outside, wait for them to perform, praise them, then let them back in. And moan at them when they get it wrong - no hitting or stuff, just letting them know that you are displeased.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/15

Reply to CyberVet