Posted by: Ava | 2009-02-02

After my baby was born, my mom in law and sister in law , lived with us during the weekdays to take care of my baby. My babys now 1yr.Ever since we have been endless issues, because I' m not happy with the whole situtation.
I have always had my reservations about creched and hence agreed with the live in situation, but it has become too much for me. For 1 , we have a 1 bedroom home . Note they sleep in our lounge area. I feel so frustrated with the lack of spaca and alone time. I' ve decided to now have my daughter in a good creche, but my hubbys not happy. He can' t seem to understand why I need to have my space. Anyway , our marriage has become so hectic, that he ignores my complaints (even though I have valid reason to ). I know if my mom were living with us, I wouldn' t have had a problem, to which I cannot admit to him, however to avoid a situation where either one of ue would be unhappy , I have decided to have her in a creche. I really don' t know what to do , and i feel so helpless

Why not see a good local marriage counsellor for a few sessions, to sort out these issues between you and your husband ? FAMSA can help you find someone suitable. A GOOD creche should work out without problems.
When you suggest that you would have no problem if it was YOUR mom living in, rather than his, it suggests part of the problem is not only "space" but of not wanting someone not really familiar to you, so close to you ? Did BOTH opf them have to live with you at the same time ? WHy ?

Posted by: JM | 2009-02-02

You were right by taking the little one to creche. those people must move out. you need your space as a couple. and if your husband let them stay you guys will end up in a divorce situation. talk to your hubby make him undrstand if not call a family meeting and explain the situation you cant be staying with inlaws in your own house for ever, am sure family will be supportive. call both sides not your side only, maybe two of your representative and four from his side.

Good Luck

Reply to JM