Posted by: Dollie | 2009-06-28

Marital issue

My husband snuck out last night after I feel asleep. When I called him he said he went to buy cigarettes at a local club in our area. He returned home few minutes later and didn' t have anything to say about where he was. He returned without cigarettes. Recently I noticed that he constantly wants to go have a drink.. and I let him he has absolute freedom to wind down after hectic week. Today we hardly spoke and now he is more upset that I caught him...and that i dissapointed him.. I mean had the roles been reversed and I had been one dissapearing in middle of night... boy would he have been mad! What can I do I approach the matter???

Sounds fishy and clumsy, but don't you two need to talk this out calmly between you ? Suggest he keep a few more cigarettes and a supply of whatever it is he drinks, in the house, so he won't need to go out at night, or suggest maybe you'd sometimes like to go with him, for a breath of fresh air.

Posted by: Dollie | 2009-06-29

Thanks for listening..will do...keep eye on him..

Reply to Dollie
Posted by: Pam | 2009-06-29

Dollie just keep an eye on him. I dont know why men do these things and even takes such chances. Freedom is a good thing in a marriage BUT some people take advantage of that. I know many woman who gave/gives their husbands space cause you try to do the right thing all the time but then I would hear of how they simply take advantage. I am not saying keep him in a cage but make him realise that you are not a fool!!! if you did not " catch" him what time would he have come home? and why is he angry? and why return without cigarettes? on another day he will put his phone off and then all the scenarios would play through your mind? and then what?Good luck!

Reply to Pam