Posted by: Lauren | 2009-03-24

Marital Counselling

Dear Doc,
What do you do if your hubby does not (totally refuses) to go for counselling yet the relationship is at the edge of the hill.

Where's the stupid question you promised me ? Meanwhile, as to your sensible question, the situation is difficult. You go for personal counselling on your own simply to work out what's best for you. Sometimes, if he picks up the sugestion that the process is enjoyable and very helpful for you, and he starts wondering what you might be saying about him in those sessions, be may get curious enough to join you after a while. If he really doesn't care at all, then the relationship is over, and the issue to deal with in your own counselling, is how to look after yourself and move on from a failed investment.

Posted by: Kems | 2009-03-25

Maybe try a different approach when asking him to go to counseling .... tell him that it is an investment in your relationship to go, and it will only help the both of you ....

Reply to Kems
Posted by: Go it alone | 2009-03-24

Firstly let me say to Leila, why on earth did you give him a second chance ? Cheating is the death blow, no recovery, no sorry no nothing. Cheat and you are history. I' ll bet you are constantly on edge, looking ,waiting ,expecting the inevitable. No man, that' s not the way to live. Anyway enough of that for you. To get back to the original blog. Why bother with the counselling? If you have reached that stage and Mr Wonderful reckons he is fine and you have the problem, what do you expect to achieve?? Go for it, end it and make a new start with someone who is mature enough to know their faults and man enough to admit them. Why bother with a woess? You owe yourself more than that girlie.

Reply to Go it alone
Posted by: Leila | 2009-03-24

I went for counselling on my own as hubby didnt ' see the need'  and it taught me to be less tolerant of his behaviour and has made me a stronger person. It helped me feel better about myself to such a point where I told my hubby that if I ever even catch him talking to the woman he was cheating with, I will divorce him. And YES, I have reached to point of no tolerance and I will divorce him.

Reply to Leila