Question
Posted by: Karen | 2010/07/27

Marina

Would it be possible to tell me the approximate cost of having a Marina IUD inserted?

I hope that Tarryn has helped

2

I hope that Tarryn has helped

Posted by: Tarryn | 2010/07/29

Hi Karen,

The Mirena costs about R2000+ depending which pharmacy you purchase it and then an additional fee for the gynae to insert it.

My advise to you is to do thorough research before having it done. I had one inserted in Nov last year after I heard its so wonderful, etc. I had it removed 7 months later after I gained 6kg''s, my face broke out in pimples, thinning hair and it was uncomfortable during intercourse. The only benefit was that I had no periods. Now that its out, I have lost 2kg''s and feel much better.

Good luck!

Reply to Tarryn