Posted by: Denya | 2009-01-13

I had a Marina fitted, last year was 5 years. I went to my Gyne in July last year to remind him that the 5 years was up. He said it will fall out by itself. I have looked on the website and it says nothing about that. I just want to make sure as I have still not started having periods again so I dont think it has fallen out.

The Mirena has to be removed. It will not fall out.

Posted by: Immie | 2009-04-20

Ek wil graag die Marina begin gebruik. Sommige se jy moet dit onder nakose laat insit en sommiges se weer jy kan dit sonder narkose laat doen. Wat is die veligste en die beste? Wanneer kan ek die Marina laat insit - voor ' n menstruele siklus of moet dit daarna wees?

Reply to Immie
Posted by: A | 2009-01-14

The Mirena does NOT fall out by itself! Find a new gynae who knows what' s going on and get it removed.

Reply to A