Posted by: darry | 2012-01-23

Marijuana vs. IBS

Hi there..

I recently have been experiencing a number of symptoms, which after abit of research seem to match Irritable Bowel Syndrome to the letter. I have found that smoking marijuana relieves the symptoms (which, according to my research is also common), but wont fix the problem. Assuming that i do have IBS, what medication could i get that would help/cure me? anything over the counter?

I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist, as IBS is a diagnosis made after all other possibilities have been ruled out. There is no cure for IBS but there are a few products that can alleviate your symptoms (which will depend on if you are constipated from IBS or if you experience diarrhea or both).

Refer to the following link for detailed information about IBS: