Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/06/13

Maria and Meds

Maria, I admire your honesty and sincere quest for assistance.
The peeps condemning you for taking " so many"  meds must have problems of their own that are not under control.
My experience with Seroquel:- had great relaxing effects and helped with getting a good nights sleep but found it caused restless legs and night sweats - also had the zombie effect the next day. I slowly cut down and eventually stopped with no problem.
For sleeping found that Ivedal is very effective. Now and again, depending on stress levels, I would add Xanor (not the SR type). I dont take meds for sleeping every night only when I feel the need.
A good nights sleep is so important to be able to cope with the stresses that life presents sometimes.

Beyond doubt, ANYONE who ever mocks someone else for taking properly prescribed meds and seeking to enhance their health, is a fool, and a miserable and mean one, at that.
Tanya's wise about considering a standard Xanor ( or similar Benzo ) for occasional help with sleep, but to avoid the more neeedlessly expensive XR or other slow-release versions - they would be far more likely, by design, to make you dopey and sedated the next morning, when you don't want that.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2012/06/13

Thank you. I decided a long time ago that being honest will help to break down the stigma of psychiatric illness.

Reply to Maria