Posted by: anon38 | 2013-01-22

Marfan Syndrome - Who knows about it?

My daughter was clinically diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome at the age of 2 year when we took her for her standard 2 year check up with the paediatrician.

She is 2 year and 4 months now and for the the last four months she has been on Losartan 12.5mg.

A echocardiogram was done and this was the conclusion:

Dilated aortic root
Prolapsing MV and TV leaflets
Moderate MR and Mild TR

Family has no history of symptoms of Marfan Syndrom.

What I would like to know is, we would love to have another child. I planned to go off of contraception end of Aug 2012 but my daughter was diagnosed 2 Sept so we put it on hold.
We have been for counciling. And they explaned to us how she may have gotten it and what the chances will be that our second child may also have it.

But with our families not having history of Marfans we do not know what to do. Do we have another child or don’  t we?

Only you can make that decision based on what the geneticist said your chances were of having another child with Marfan's.