Question
Posted by: AC | 2010/01/23

Marfan Syndrome Life Expectancy

Dear doctor, I have Marfan syndrome, it was only diagnosed last year. I' m 16, and have most of the symptoms, including enlarged heart valves and scoliosis.

What is my life expectacy?

I have heard that it' s no more than 30, and upon reading about people with it, they never made it past 35 at the most.

Please get back to me

AC

AC

I am sorry to learn about your diagnosis. Life expectancy has increased significantly over the last few decades and there are new treatments on the way. I suggest that you refer to the following link for detailed information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfan_Syndrome