Question
Posted by: Pam | 2010/07/06

Marcus Spirulina

Morning DietDoc how good is Marcus spirulina im just scared some vatimins make you pick up weight it will be a blessing if i took it and loose weight....everyday if i want to jump out of bed to start exercising i just dont have the energy can i take it and if using it how many tablets a day can i used.

Dear Pam
I am personally not in favour of the spirulina products because I cannot believe their claims for some of the nutrients they are supposed to contain such a calcium. I would recommend that you rather take Centrum or Supradyn Forte for a month or so. Having no energy can be due to depression which makes one totally listless and unmotivated, or anaemia which can make you feel exhausted, or an underactive thyroid. I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if you suffer from depression, iron-deficiency anaemia or thyroid or other hormone deficiencies before you start taking large quantities of vitamins and minerals. Recent research has indicated that excessive vitamin intake, esp of vit A, may be harmful.

1

Dear Pam