Posted by: Dee | 2010-04-13

MAP''s effect on normal Pill

I have been on the Mirelle for 3.5 weeks approx (I took a 2 month break from contraceptives).. I should normally be protected after 3 weeks... however, I took the morning after pill on the first weekend (I had been on the pill for a week)..

I have continued with Mirelle as normal, irrespective of taking the MAP.

My boyfriend and I had a whoopsie last night, at the time I had had 3 glasses of wine and thought I would be fine as I have 4 (now 3) active pills to go before I should have my next period (i.e. start the inactive ones)... however I am now starting to worry... should I take another MAP, or shouldnt I worry?

No, you should be okay.

Posted by: Dee | 2010-04-19

Thank you for the feedback! All fine :)

Reply to Dee
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-16

No, you should be okay.

Posted by: Doc | 2010-04-13

If you have been taking your pills daily, and at approximately the same time daily, you will be protected. If not, make use of the MAP and consider whether Mirelle is the best contraceptive for you. The very low dose of estrogen requires utmost compliance.

Reply to Doc