Question
Posted by: Annelien | 2011/09/08

mantelvliesbreuk

Dear Doctor

I would like to know if i have a break. The food for the past two weeks is pushing up. I cant eat without the food pushing back.
I am having severe headaches because of that and also have trouble breathing as well as a severe burning up in my easophalgus.
I bought physillium husk because i am so desperate to feel better? It is only my first day and the food is still pushing up.....what to do?

Dear Annelien
It is not possible to diagnose if you are suffering from a hiatus hernia (mantelvliesbreuk) over the Internet. To do this, you MUST have a medical examination so that the doctor can check your symptoms and arrange for tests to be done to confirm the diagnosis. If you should have a hiatus hernia, the doctor will advise what treatment you need (for example muscle relaxants to make the oesophagus relax so that you can swallow plus antacids, or an operation to repair the hernia). Psyllium husk if NOT the right treatment because it is used for constipation, not a hernia. So PLEASE contact your gp as soon as possible because if you have a strangulated hernia you may need fast attention to prevent serious complications.
Take great care

1

Dear Annelien
Take great care