Posted by: Dizzy blonde | 2012-02-01

manipulative mother in law

mother in law is always pleading poverty and helplessness, but makes arrangements for trips for herself, at the expense of her son, my husband. She plays the sympathy game so well, &  always sees an opportunity to put me down. the thing is her son thinks she walks on water bcos its his mom, never sees that she tries to always get money out of him &  then she has another son with his live in girlfriend that also lives with her,that also demands money from my husband. what can I do to make him realise that his mother uses him,

You are not generally required by law to take her seriously, or to acceptany invitation to be manipulated. You can only discus his actfully with your husband, her son. Its not at all clear why she needs expensive trips at others expense. And of course it's absurd for your husband to pay anything for his brother --- why doesn't brother and live-in gf get jobs and pay their way, and help support mom ?