Question
Posted by: DEE | 2009-02-11

Manipulate my period?

Is there a way to manipulate my period.
I have just finished my period, and I have worked out that when I go away on holiday for 4 days I will have my period the whole time. This is terrible news. My husband and I are going away on a romantic cruise and this is a complete spanner in the works!!

Is there something that I can do?

HI Dee
Yes there is, let me know if you take a contraceptive tablet or not and if you do which one it is?

3
Posted by: Lee | 2009-02-12

Hi Dee

Remember to post your reply to Dr Bets as a new question.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Jessie | 2009-02-11

Yes you can! We went to the Greek islands and I did not want my period, so I went to a doctor. It is not as simple as skipping the red (inacitve) pills, though.
I remember that I had to take a pill every (I think) eight hours for a few days.
Just go to your GP and ask. It is a very understandable request. Enjoy your holiday!

Reply to Jessie
Posted by: Sharon | 2009-02-11

If you use oral contraceptive you can skip the inactive pills (the ones that you drink while you have your periods) and start with the active ones immediately. This will help but chances are that your cycle may become a bit mixed up.

Also Google : Delaying period through oral contraceptive

Reply to Sharon