Question
Posted by: berni | 2008/08/15

manic episode

Hi there please please could you help me i' m bi polar and i think i' m having a manic episode i' m going crazy i' m hyper and dont sleep at all i cycle at 4 in the morning and dont eat i want to scratch myself from the inside out, please tell me will i need to get to the doc will it get worse or should i wait it out?

IF you have a Bipolar Disorder, and have been there before, such that you recognize this situation, then you indeed may well be having a manic episode. OF COURSDE you should see your doc ( the earlier the better, as such episodes are easier to gain control of when you start earlier ) --- and yes, it will be likely to get worse if you just let things slide