Question
Posted by: GM | 2011/06/02

Manic Depression

I was diagnosed with manic depression last year and so far everything went well.I am on medication but recently I moved to a bigger place and I am staying all alone. But these days I feel very depressed again and my parents regularly look on my arms to see if I start cutting again which I wont but I feel hopeless all over again.HELP?

OK, hold on and don't let the changed external circumstances tip you backwards - that doesn't need to happen. AM I understanding that you moved to a bigger home, rather than a bigger city ? Maybe the Depression & Anxiety Support Group, SADAG ( number on these pages ) can advise, and they might have a support group within reach of you ? It would also help if you saw a pychologist / counsellor to work through these issues and find ways to be stronger and more psychologically self-sufficient.

2
Posted by: GM | 2011/06/03

I moved to a bigger place thinking that my friends can come visit now and again...more space. I dont want to go back to my old ways!!! Yesterday I had a big manic episode, depressed-happy-depressed-happy,it never ends. Is it normal even though Im on meds???

Reply to GM