Question
Posted by: Sistazen | 2011/02/14

Management Training Course

hi, i''ve been employed as a Receptionist by a property company from June 2009 till August 2010. During this month of August, our MD approached me to do a Management training course whereby the company will take me to school and pay for my fees &  I''ll either have to repay them by working certains years with them thereafter I will decide if i still want to continue with them or find another organization where i will give my services to.I didn''t sign any contract that binds me nor the co. that I''ve now moved from one position to another and ttherefore, my salary was not adjusted, meaning I''m still being remunerated as a receptionist. I take this training as some kind of a promotion. My question is now, do I have a right to claim that the company repays me from the day that I started with this management training with them or must I then keep quite, continue with the training &  wait for a big fat cheque after my training? How does it work? Please advice.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Management Training Course

You cannot claim the right for the company to repay you from the day that you started.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/02/21

re: Management Training Course

Reply to Labour Lawyer