Question
Posted by: Bibi | 2009-04-01

Manacal7

I was advised to give my 2 and 5 yr old menacal7 as they both do not have cow' s milk in their diet, only some yoghurt and cheese and organic rice milk from woolworths. I would like to give them a calcium supp every 2nd day or so not everyday for just in case they not getting the 800 mg per day. I bought the menacal but the tabs are so big, they cannot swallow them, how else could i give it since i already bought them, can my 2yr old also have these? I will try a chewable one next time, any suggestions for next time? I also give them Scotts Emulsion from about now to end Aug, will this be too much calcium if i give the menacal 7 everyother day? or not?

Expert ImagePharmacist

B

I would not give them the Menacal7 - You can take it instead. Get them some Calsuba Junior Powder from your pharmacy - Both can use this diluted in milk or water