Posted by: Paula | 2009-02-23

man talking to himself or not?

dear CS

met a guy and he seems really fun and relaxed, from Guatemala, 44 years old. We have started dating and after 2 months overseas he stayed with me last night.. he was very tired after about 16 hrs of flights.. but we had a lovely chat, supper and he gave me some hand-made presents. he' s very affectionate.. but ended up going to sleep on the couch later as he was getting very turned on and i wasn' t ready for sex. about an hour alter i woke up to find what sounded like him talking to someone fairly quietly, thought he was on the phone. but with gaps of slience inbetween, i thought it may be phone sex. But when i went into the lounge later he was standing with his asthma pump and got a bit of a fright when i walked in. Asked him who he was talking took, he said he wasn' t talking. but later said to me he sometimes talks to himself, he is very talkative in general and seems like a sweet guy. but somehow it worried me... as it was sounded like a conversation (imaginary?) with someone. he was pretty tired and concerned about going back to work today.
any insights here?

Some of us are weirder than others when severely jet lagged. And more than a few of us talk to ourselves at times. That's not necessarily a sinister sign.

Posted by: Maddi | 2009-02-24

I also talk to myself often. Actually, I think it more or less qualifies for thinking out loud. Talking to yourself is one thing, but when you start answering yourself now I think that is a problem...

Reply to Maddi
Posted by: Me2 | 2009-02-23

I talk to myself all the time :-) Sometimes I even forget that there are other people around &  when somebody walks in on me, I then wonder if my conversation with myself was just in my mind or out loud. &  I' m only 27! I like it, it' s like my special treat when I' m alone. Maybe I will go crazy one day ... Hopefully not!

Reply to Me2
Posted by: erm | 2009-02-23

first sign of madness (or so they say)

but maybe not :-) why dont you talk to him more about it and find out?

Reply to erm