Question

Mamogram

a routine exam by our company nurse discovered a lump on my breast and referred me for a mamogram. The mamogam came back clear and I was told that I have nothing to worry about.

I am happy about this but I cant seem to shake off the feeling that something is not right? my dr and husband say that I am paranoid and that I must just let this go but I cant.

Can a mamogam be wrong? Is there a blood test and/or any other test that I can take? I am 37 years old.

Hallo Anon
Not a blood test, but a needle biopsy of the lump will be conclusive. If the lump is "loose" and slips between the skin if you take it between your fingers, and becomes bigger around menstruation and smaller at other times it is most likely a fibro adenoma, which is not cancerous and will not become cancerous. Also do self breast examination after your menstruation:http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/testing/types/self_exam/bse_steps.jsp

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/07

Hallo Anon