Question

Mamogram

a routine exam by our company nurse discovered a lump on my breast and referred me for a mamogram. The mamogam came back clear and I was told that I have nothing to worry about.

I am happy about this but I cant seem to shake off the feeling that something is not right? my dr and husband say that I am paranoid and that I must just let this go but I cant.

Can a mamogam be wrong? Is there a blood test and/or any other test that I can take? I am 37 years old.

Hallo Anon
If you are really worried about the lump you can go to a surgeon and ask them to do a needle biopsy (they put a small needle into the lump, pull out some cells and put it on a glass slide as a smear - this is sent to the lab and they look under a microscope if the cells are normal) It is done in the rooms and is not half as sore as it sounds! They usually give some local anaesthetic.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/02

Hallo Anon