Question
Posted by: Bev | 2009-04-22

Mammogram

Hi Doc,

where can one do a mammogram and how much does it cost. I don' t have a medical aid.

Hi Bev
Most radiologists would be able to do mammograms - cost would depend on the specific practice, what you can do is phone around and get quotes. Are you over 40 with a strong family history of breast cancer? Otherwise it is not really needed unless you have a specific breast lump that the doctor is worried about.

1
Posted by: Me | 2009-04-22

I had mine done at Constantiaberg. Cost was between R700 and R800. That was med aid. Hopefully cheaper if u do not belong to a med aid? A bit of advice: Try to join a med aid ASAP. If you are not working, Bonitas and Discovery have the cheapest rates of R300-odd to pay per month. Great benefits as long as you use the docs and hosps they offer. Good luck!

Reply to Me