Question
Posted by: Storm | 2009-09-10

Malignant Melanoma

A malignant Melanoma was removed from my breast. Please explain the difference between Breslow' s Thickness &  Clark' s Level to me. According to my histological report am I a Clark level 2 (0.8mm), But they mention something about tumor cells spreading up to 3.5mm. Is that my Breslow' s thickness? Please explain..

Hallo Storm
This article explains it nicely: http://skincancer.about.com/od/diagnosis/a/clark_breslow.htm
Breslow is the thickness of the whole melanoma, Clark is the level of penetration into the skin. A level 2 would be just under the dermis or upper layer of the skin. If the tumour can be removed with clean margins, the chances of 100% recovery is very good. You will need to go for regular check ups though.