Question
Posted by: concerned girlfriend | 2008/08/04

Malignant cancer - sad time for me

Hi Cs

I sent a posting sometime last year, about my bfriend who started had symptoms of a stroke and epilepsy and they couldn' t properly diagnose him. Later it was found that he had a brain tumor. Yes the struggle has been on since last year so only this year did he agree on having a biopsy done on the right hand side of his brain. That went well until about 5 days afterwads, CS the cancer has spread all over his brain - he now has this visible huge lump on the back of his head (which is a tumor), he is now on a life support machine, bleeding through his nose!!! CS I am in a state, i do not know how to handle this! forgot to mention that there is another drip like bag that has been placed in his mouth to drain a black substance from his tummy (what is that)?

Is there anything else that can be done - in your knowledge? how long can he be kept on that machine? should i prepare myself for the worst? I can' t even function properly as i am in tears!! Please help

So sorry to hear about this, cg --- I was wondering what had happened, because at the time I wondered whether there might be a brain tumour, either a primary ( arising from the start in the brain ) or a secondary, spreading to the brain from somewhere else. You need to speak to his doctor for a frank discussion of what is happening and what these different puzzling things are. If he is bleeding, for whatever reason, and either swallowing some of the blood that is otherwise coming from his nose, or if there is more bleeding elsewhere in the gastric tract, the black stuff could be altered, old blood that is now raining from his mouth.
Sadly, it sounds as though during that early phase when he was reluctan t to have a biopsy, the cancer may have spread and become inoperable and out of control, Only his doc can tell you what more can or can't be done. The local Hospice could become involved to help ensure that he suffers no relievable pain or other symptoms. It would probably be wise to prepare yourself for the worst, as the situation sounds very serious indeed ; and because then anything less than the worst could be a bonus, rather than expecting the best, so that anything less would feel terrible. Do keep contact on the forum if you wish to do so ; I am sure the prayers and concerns of all readers here will be with you

5
Posted by: jcat | 2008/08/05

Big hugs....be strong, and try to look after yourself too. Will pray for you both

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Maria | 2008/08/04

Can you speak to his doctor to find out what is going on and what the expected outcome is? Uncertainty is often a lot worse than bad news. (((Hugs)))

Reply to Maria

Thank you guys, I really need strength, i knew that this would come some day but did not expect this.

Reply to concerned girlfriend
Posted by: maryann | 2008/08/04

I dont even want to tell you to be strong because thats a silly thing to say going through what you are going through. I will send up a prayer. God bless.

Reply to maryann
Posted by: Simple | 2008/08/04

My Prayers Are With You

Reply to Simple