Question
Posted by: Trudie Everson | 2009-02-01

Male sperm abnormal - want to concieve

We' ve been trying to concieve a baby for more than three years. My husband went for a cemen test, the results show that his sperm is abnormal. The doctor gave him some antibiotics which he used. He also told us to only make love between 14 and 18 days after my period started. It' s almost three months later now, and we are still not pregnant. What can we do?

Dear Trudie Everson

The important issue to analyse the sperm abnormalities in further detail in terms of the percentages as well as other parameters. Where the percentage of normal sperm is below 8% and this is a consistent finding then it might be relevant to enter into the in-vitro fertilization programs and laboratory fertilization rather than attempt at natural conception.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: J | 2009-02-03

HI Trudie
I suppose you have to be patient, But what you have to do is speak to the doctor again and find teh analysis of the abnormalilty. SOmetimes it takes longer

Reply to J