Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2010/05/12

Male nudity in feature films

Hi Doctor.

I would appreciate your insight into these 3 issues...

1) Why is it that we hardly ever see male full-frontal nudity in mainstream films yet female nudity is often portrayed?

2) What is the purpose of portraying people nude in films?

3) " Most men would feel uncomfortable to see a man nude in a film."  If this is presumed to be true, why is this so?

Hmm. Quick, top-of-the-head thoughts. 1) Maybe it's a sexist thing, with most directors and producers being male, that they prefer seeing nude women ? Or that male full-frontal nudity is seen as more extreme ? 2) it depends on who is making the film. I've seen some films where, as the cliche goes, the nudity was integral to the story, and portrayed purely in proportion to the plot needs,whereas obviously other films include nude people simply to pull in an audience, knowing the rest of the film is rubbish, and some films are frank pornography, which is rather hard to produce without nude people.
3) I suppose some men feel uncomfortable about seeing a nude man in a film, for fear that they might be thought homosexual for even watching it ?
Post a fresh post with your own views on this

3
Posted by: porno | 2010/05/13

Jennifer Jennifer i can see that you would love to see naked men, go to an adultshop and get some good porn movies and then you can see it all hung. Hope you enjoy every bit of the erected penisses.

Reply to porno
Posted by: porno | 2010/05/13

Reply to porno