Posted by: lebo | 2009-03-09

male friend

my male friend got divorced last year and he is very sweet and friendly. He keeps on saying that he wants to know me better and marry me. how can i tell him, without hurting, him that I prefer to marry someone who is in the same religion as me.

already i see red robots flashing. he requested that i cook for him on 3 occasions and he never pitched. did not send as sms or call to say why he couldnt make it.

Gentle discussion is surely the way to go, being frank and honest though in a kindly manner. TO ask you spcially to cook for him an just not turn up is just plain rude --- talk abou that, though not in anger, but with regret. And then talk about what he thinks the relaionship is and where he thinks it might go --- and then make it clear that while you find him a pleasant friend, you want to marry someone of your own specific religion, though that doesn't preent you from being friends

Posted by: P | 2009-03-10

sweet and friendly but he did not pitch up or send a message?

I thought you think he is nice

and what does this have to do with the problem of religion

Reply to P