Question
Posted by: Stressed Erick | 2009/11/18

Male Dog Thinks other Male dog is in Heat

I have 3 Male dogs. 2 spayed one not
The youngest not spayed Male seems to think his Brother is in Heat and keeps on whining its driving me up the walls.
What can I do to stop him from thinking his brother is in heat or stop whining until he gets spayed in December?

Dear Eric

Have him spayed before his thinking gets learned and then you will always have a problem

5
Posted by: Joe | 2009/11/30

Dear Cybervet, male dogs are not spayed, they are neutered.

Reply to Joe
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/30

Dear Eric

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: MJ | 2009/11/20

How old is your unneutered male? Most people neuter their dogs at 6 months old but it can be done when younger. It' s likely that your dog' s testosterone levels have now reached a point where he wants to mount everything. Usually in a dominance display or his hormones are just acting up. Neutering should solve the problem

Reply to MJ
Posted by: Carol | 2009/11/20

Male dogs are neutered not spayed , and they dont come into season only females do.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: steph | 2009/11/19

How do you know he thinks the other male is on heat? This seems a strange conclusion to reach. If he' s mounting the other dog it' s most likely a dominance issue, one would think

Reply to steph