Posted by: Beryl | 2009-12-18

Malaria treatment

what is the best malaria treatment? it seems Coartem followed by 10 days Doxycycline is the way to go. can you tell me why follow it up with the Doxycycline? is there anyother treatment that is effective. I live in a malaria area and dont want to get it again.
are these Malaria test Kits effective in diagnosing malaria and as there are so many which ones do you recommend??

If you live in a malaria area, there is no exact treatment. The best will be to avoid been stung. It is essential to cover up at night with a mosquito net and use electric mosquito repellants. Most of the mosquito bites (at least 60%), occur on a persons feet, ankles and lower legs. Covering these areas will also be very effective. Do remember the mosquitos are more active at night and are attracted at the emision of CO2 from the skin. The removal of any stagnant water sources around your home and in your garden will prevent the hatching of mosquitos.

Please refer to the following link to get a full insight into malaria and the treatment thereof: