Question
Posted by: Jane | 2012/08/14

Malaria Prophylaxis

Hi there,

I''m goign to the Kruger Park area on holiday and need Malaria tablets. I always thought you didn''t need a prescription for these, but the pharmacist near me turned me away yesterday when I went in to enquire. Is this true?

If so - is there anywhere in Johannesburg I can get them/the consultation for cheap or free because spending the money for a doctors appointment and the pills for both my husband and myself is going to be a significant portion of our holiday budget!

Many thanks,
Jane

Jane

Unfortunately, you will have to consult a doctor for a prescription.