Posted by: Rene | 2011-12-08

I am allergic to Meflian and Malanil - What other medication is availbable. I have been told to try Malaria L4 Complex, which is a homeopathic medicine. What are your thoughts on this?

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Rene,

Firstly you need a proper risk assessment of where to, how long etc. Then to ensure your pregnant status.
Only then to discuss options.
Homeopathic options have not been tested and usually have a sniff of Artemisson which WHO has asked not to to be used on its own as in combination it is very usefull for treatment but by it self will hasten resistance which would be disastrous for Africa.
Your one option would be Doxycycline.
You need to visit aq Travel Clinic for proper assessment