Posted by: just me | 2010-04-23

Malaria precautions

I''ll be taking my nephew (10) and nieces (11 &  15) on holiday in Sep. We are going to St Lucia. What precautions do we need to take regarding malaria except the bugspray? How long before leaving do we start taking it?

Unfortunately, I can give no spesific advice, as prophylaxis with medication has to be tailored to the person, as well as the area they are visiting. Please refer to the following information, which I suggest you print and then take it to your house doctor, in order for him/her to prescribe the adequate medication:

Please remember that the best prevention is not to be "bitten" by the mosquitoes. Therefore, I suggest that you wear long sleeved tops, as well as long pants, covering the legs and arms, especially at night. Application of mosquito repellent and the use of mosquito nets will be beneficial.

Also remember that any medication taken, will have to be continued until four weeks after you have returned.

Posted by: Annon | 2010-04-23

this has nothing to do with somewhere

Reply to Annon