Posted by: Angela | 2011-09-13

malaria for 20 month old

possibly would like to visit Kruger over December with my 20 month old. I don''t know how she will swallow a pill as she is so young. Is there prophylatic malari syrup I could give her while in Kruger.
Thanks very much

Your travel agent will be able to inform you about the preventative drugs that has to be taken for the spesific area that you will be travelling to. The tablets can be pulverised and prepared in gelatin capsules for each measured dose by your pharmacist. You should then break the gelatin capsule open and mix the drug with a small amount of chocolate syrup or jelly to ensure that the entire dose is taken in.

It is most important to prevent your child from being bitten and protective clothing will have to be worn, a mosquito net and insect repellant will have to be used.