Question
Posted by: Rikkie | 2012/03/08

Malaria

Good day. We will be going to Mozambique on the 30th of March to the 7th of April. Is it really that important to take malaria medication? The doctor suggested Melanil. I only have one problem, my son is 16 years of age and is currently on Oratane 10mg as well as Purbac 480mg! According to the doctors he can''t use this combination? What should we do? And is Melanil safe for children of 11 years?

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Rikkie,

Malanil would be a good option. It is not contraindicated with your your son''s medication and is safe for children from 11kgs!
You do not specify where you are going but anywhere North of Maputo Malaria is rife!
Regards,
Pete

1
Posted by: Travel expert | 2012/03/19

Dear Rikkie,

Regards,
Pete

Reply to Travel expert