Question
Posted by: Planning | 2010/03/22

Malaria??

I have planned a trip tp botswana (not during malaria season) but I would like to fall pregnant as soon as possible. I stopped taking the pill about two weeks ago. The trip is in Sept. Should I rather wait untill after the trip and go back on the pill? Or take my chances and then just be VERY carefull when there?
Are there any malaria prevention medication you can take when you are pregnant?

It is best to avoid malaria areas when pregnant. You say though that you are not going in malaria season. Get advice from a Travel clinic and, if malaria is a problem,I would suggest that you either cancel your trip if you are pregnant or delay the pregnancy.

1