Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/13

Malaria

Sorry if this is a silly question but I was bitten by quite a large looking mozzie this morning while sitting at my desk at work. Should I be concerned about this later on. Not sure if it could be a malaria mosquito.

Thank you.

Hallo Me
If you don't live in a malaria area it is unlikely that you will get malaria from it (although not impossible). Put something like Phenergan or Anthisan cream on the bite. If you develop a flu like illness within the next month and you live in an area with high incidence of malaria, let your doctor do a blood test to exclude malaria.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/13

Hallo Me

Reply to cyberdoc