Question
Posted by: lolo | 2008/10/23

Malaria

hi! I would be visiting northern Anmibia, Okavango Delta (Botswana) and Vic Falls in next month. Some tell me, no worries, low risk areas for Malaria...but I had Malaria in January this year and won' t be taking chances. Please advise which is the best prophylaxis to be taken for these areas. TRavelling on a budget...how much do you think it would cost me?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Most of Botswana is generally considered as a risk area this time of year - For up to date info you can call the Netcare Travel Clinic on 011 802 0059.

Your doc (or the travel clinic) will need to prescribe malaria meds - Malanil is one of the drugs of choice, but may be costly. Other options include Mefliam.