Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2010-09-10

Making Diet Exciting... Im starting to get bored

Have a lot of weight to lose and determined. But I am running out of ideas on what to eat.
I like onions,tomatoes,eggs and mushrooms but I sure cannot eat them everyday... I feel sick after eating them all of a sudden. What can I do?
I am with a dietician and she is lovely,gave me all that she could, but the menu is just getting boring... anyone please help with some menu''s.
I am on a cruch high-protein only until next week then afterwards she''s putting me on the Low GI...
I dont know and really SAD :-( - dont want to get bored and then fall off the wagon, my health is at stake here :-(

Dear Mpho
So glad that you are happy with your dietitian. This is a perfect example of how the high-protein diet leads to noncompliance because dieters get so tired of eating high-protein with very little variety. High-protein diets are known to have a high drop-out rate. I would suggest that you stick to your diet (use spinach, cabbage, broccoli and grapefruit) for just another few days until you can start with the low-GI diet which will give you all the variety you need and also not make you nauseous. If you can't maintain this eating pattern, phone your dietitian and tell her what is going on. Ask for help. That's what she is there for.
Perseverence will pay off.

2
Posted by: Mpho... | 2010-09-13

Thanks Doc. I appreciate you being here and makes it easier for some of us to understand these things... HAPPY ME  -)

Reply to Mpho...
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-11

Dear Mpho
Perseverence will pay off.