Question
Posted by: Snorer | 2008/10/14

MAJOR SNORER

Hi, i am a major snorer. i have been to an ent who told me it was caused by allergies. i have since then taken anti histamines which didn' t help at all. can you please refer me to a specialist that is contracted to discovery medical aid.

Dear Snorer
I don't know where you are located - most ENT specialists however are contracted with the major medical aids - phone the ones nearest to you and ask their receptionists. One can get a mouthpiece to wear to reduce snoring, but sometimes snoring is caused by loose tissue at the back of the palate and laser operation may be needed.