Question
Posted by: " Z"  | 2011/09/01

major depression

how do i take care of my husband with major depression, i dont know what more i can do. he''s been booked of for a year now. it just get worse and worse, he dont talk to me, he shut me out of his life, and our 3 children. i have to be strong for the children and for him. there is no sex life any more, i am sick and tired of this depression!!!!!!!

I don't understand this. Its really rare for a depression to remain really severe for a year, and although not everyone is best suited by every antidepressant, by now his treating doc should have found one that suits him. Also, CBT style counselling as well as the meds, can help a great deal.
I do hope he is being treated by a specialist psychiatrist, and not only by a GP. Whenever a depression is complictaed or doesn;'t respond well to treatment, a GP should ALWAYS refer the person to a suitable specialist.
If he IS being treated so unsuccessfully by a psychiatrist, then he should see a different shrink for a fresh asessment and a second opinion

3
Posted by: " Z"  | 2011/09/01

yes he is seeing a psychologst and 2 psychiatrist, taking meds, is very irritable, can not sleep and does not excercise, dont want to excercise, dont have the energy to

Reply to &quot Z&quot 
Posted by: Lin | 2011/09/01

Is he seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist? Is he taking any meds? Is he active (does he excercise)?

Reply to Lin