Question
Posted by: Randy | 2009-05-29

Major depression

I was without medication for quiet some time, i tried to cope without medication, but it was difficult. I' m back on medication again, but is experiencing severe lost of memory and anxiety. I was diagnosed with major depression, what medication is suitable for my condition since i' m using Lorien 20mg as an anti-depressant and rivotril 0.5mg for my insomnia. Is it possible that the side effects i' m expierencing is caused by the Rivotril that is precribed as a treatment for insomnia. Can you please advice me, because i/m having a difficult time.

One cannot predict, especially at a distance like this, which antidepressant will best suit someone. You should see a good local psychiatrist for a full assessment, and then a discussion of your treatment options. Lorien is one of many effective ADs, though each works well with only around 60-70 % of those who take them. I have no idea why so many people are on Rivotril nowadays, but such meds can indeed affect memory. Major Depression can affect concentration and memory too, but most ADs would help to improve thios, not worsen it