Question
Posted by: Anne | 2012/12/10

Maize

Hello

I think I may be reacting to Maize as I''ve noticed recently that if I have totilla chips, my lips burn. Plus I''ve been getting earache and a sore tongue. In addition to this I have stomach problems if I eat starcy foods. Does this sounds feasible?

Dear Anne
It is possible that you may be sensitive to maize, but the only way in which you can determine which foods you are sensitive to, is to ask your medical doctor to arrange for you to have the necessary tests done. Foods are usually a mixture of a whole host of components, so that you need the tests to pinpoint which ingredient(s) are giving the reaction.