Question
Posted by: Destry. | 2008/06/14

Maize.

Hi Diet Doc, Is their any nutritional difference between yellow and
white maize?....Do you think that the solder in tin cans would give
off lead? I eat canned food every day.Just wondering. Are red
grapes and juices and / or grape seeds really as healthy as is
often advertised?? THANK YOU.

Dear Destry
The basic difference between white and yellow maize is that yellow maize contains beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body. I reckon that the food industry has perfected ways of preventing lead from leaching out of tin cans by using internal coatings to prevent such effects. Red grapes, red grape juice and grape seeds that you chew before swallowing are rich in protective nutrients, but most fruits and vegetables will also provide vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and phytonutrients, so make sure that you eat 5-A-Day or more.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: Destry | 2008/06/15

Hullo Diet Doc, Thank you for your reply. It is difficult to
to understand why peoplle prefer white bread, white maize,
and so on.

Reply to Destry