Posted by: Susie | 2010-05-31

On what basis is an increase in maintenance approved?My husband has a child from a previous relationship and the mother wants an increase.We also have a child and I feel that all children should be treated equal. We cannot afford extra on anything.I want to know from the moms that request the increase?Are both the child''s parents not suppose to contribute equal amounts to the child''s wellbeing?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Susie,

The law does state that both parents have equal responsibilities towards their children. Does your husband have shared custody of his child and equal time than the mother?

Posted by: Susie | 2010-06-02

Yes there is shared custody.The child lives with the mother

Reply to Susie