Posted by: tsama | 2008-10-30

maintanance court

my friend who is married and has 3 children,2 are from his ex-boyfriend,the problem is her husband does not want to maintain her exes children,he want to take her ex to maintanance court, who is a police man pls help her,and my friend is working as a cleaner.

I don't know that legally a husband is required to maintain the Ex's children, but they'd need to consult a lawyer about that, and it would presumably depend on what they had agreed when marrying, about these children. She is entitled, I would think, to go to the Maintenance COurt ( usually at the magistrate's court ) and ask for the court to decide on whether the ex should pay maintenance towards to costs of his own children. The children's father cannot avoid the responsibility of paying towards the care of his children.

Posted by: belinda | 2008-10-30

She needs to go down to the maintenance court herself as the father of these children has not choice but to pay her a monthly maintenance. the maintenance court will work out how much he should pay her according to his salary. if he does not pay they will arrest him!!!!! she must go as soon as possible.
good luck

Reply to belinda