Question
Posted by: TAM | 2010-09-22

Maintaining weight

I used to stay on my own and was doing 60 minutes jogging per day, but now since i have changed jobs and moved, i now only get home after 5 in the afternoon. I have cut down my jogging to now 30 minutes 4 times a week, then have dinner round 6:30 - 7pm.

I would like to know how/what you feel regarding maintaining the weight and fitness i always have been.

Am i doing this correct??

Hi Tammy

Well, the question is, are you maintaining your weight? If yes, then your exercise is sufficient. I'm not sure how long you've been doing this. Obviously, your fitness will decline, because having been training for 60 minutes a day, you're now doing 30 minutes a day. Fitness is proportional to training volume and intensity, so you'll lose some of the endurance you had.

In terms of maintaining weight, you may need to look at your diet - the loss of 30 minutes a day of training equates to maybe 400 Calories, and all things being equal, if you don't also cut down on the intake, then you might find your weight going up. Simply cutting back on food intake (by a small amount) might help there.

And finally, now that we're into summer, there's no reason why you can't return to longer runs. Even if it's just once or twice a week, or on weekends, a longer run of 60 minutes might be good.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-09-28

Hi Tammy

Reply to fitnessdoc