Question
Posted by: Justine | 2011/02/16

Maintaining my Weight

I am a 22yr old female &  I weigh 47kgs and have a bit a tummy &  hips.

What should I eat to stay healty and keep the hips and tummy down? What exercise would you suggest?

J

Dear Justine
If you weigh 47 kg and are about 1.64 m tall, then your BMI = 17,5 which is already underweight. I would therefore recommend that you eat a balanced diet consisting of plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables (at least 5-7 portions a day), lean meat, fish (3-4 times a week) and eggs (4 per week), plus 3 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt or cottage cheese a day, whole, unsifted grains and cereals (3-4 servings), legumes (cooked or canned dry beans, peas or lentils or soya) as often as possible, and poly- or monounsaturated oils or margarine (olive oil, tub marg, etc) (3 tablespoons a day) to provide all the nutrients the body requires for good health. Keep the tummy and hips under control by doing targeted exercises (situps, hip rolls, etc), not by trying to lose more weight.

1

Dear Justine