Posted by: Wheelchairboy | 2008-12-19

Maintaining my Erection... Please help..

Maintaining my erection...
Dear Dr

I' ve been a paraplegic for the past 13 years. T6 and T7. For the first 3 years following my accident i was unable to get an erection in any way. Then one morning like magic i woke up and while pulling the blankets off, to my total and utter amazedment, there it was... I had an erection, rock hard and solid. I couldn' t believe what i was seeing, at first i thought i must be dreaming. I touched myself and realised that this was no dream. I was so happy and it felt that i' ve made one of the biggest steps on the road to recovery since my accident. Even though when i touch myself and do not feel direct physical contact when myself of someone else touches me or when i masturbate. I can feel inside my penis... its hard to describe but it was as if i could feel sensation inside my penis that i' ve never felt... and it felt good and it also let feel that i' m touching myself in an erotic manner that could arouse me physicly. And it really does work for me... when i touch myself or masturbate, have sex or have oral sex, i get a deeply satisfying sensation all over my body and its this feeling that helps me get an erection when i' m physicly atracted to someone without that person having to touch me... Now this is all great but there is one problem... whenever i get hard before or during sex, the erection will just go away for no aparent reason and then all of a sudden it will pop up back again... this is really frustrating and have left me red in the face on many ocasions... with the other person usually thinking that i' m not into her. then there is all the explaining and letting her know that this just isn' t the case and by the time i' m done everything is spoiled... I' m sure you can understand this... Isn' t there any form of drug or something that i can take to help me maintain my erection... i thought viagra would be the obvious solution but my gp says it will not work for me... can this be true and if so why... please help me... i cant keep going on like this.... its driving me crazy... o yes and by the way... i am able to ejaculate and orgasm as well but i cant during intercourse only when i' m masturbating and i need to be very patient and work in waves because it takes a very long time... and inbetween i will go limp as well just like mentioned before... and then a minute or two later bang its up again... your input will be so dearly appreciated... thank you so much for taking the time to read my letter....

Kind Regards

Dear wheelchairboy
To attain and maintain an erection is a complex interaction of a number of neurologic (nervous),vascular(blood),endocrine(hormonal) and cellular inputs.In the aftermath of the damage to your spine it is pleasing to note that you have attained spontaneous erections even though you have a stuttering type of erectile quality .
You will need to have an assessment of your penile neurological and vascular inputs. The use of PDE5 inhibitors (viagra cialis or levitra)is recommended and safe
Ejaculation is problematic and is associated with a delay in ejaculation and a possible spike in your blood pressure which can be dangerous.
Please consult your practitioner to assess how you can utilize your PDE5,,inhibitors and your sexologist to assess the psychological impact on your sexuality post your injury and your expectations.

Posted by: nico | 2008-12-19

I think u should try viagra , it works on he blood vessels so it should work

Reply to nico